- 1 pound bacon, cut into thin strips
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 jalapeños, diced (seeds optional)
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/4 c chili powder
- 2 t ground cumin
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 (20-oz) can of diced pineapple
- 1 (15-oz) can of tomato sauce
- 1 (14-oz) can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
Time: 75 minutes
- Preheat a large stock pot and brown your thin strips of bacon in your pan.
- Add onions, peppers, jalapeños and garlic and continue to cook, stirring often for 5 minutes or until your onions become translucent.
- Add beef, chili powder and cumin and stir until your ground beef is cooked through.
- Add in all your remaining ingredients, stir well and increase heat until your chili comes to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 45 Minutes.
Original recipe: http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/entrees/beef/spicy-pineapple-chili/